Native Forest Coromandel
- Pickup from requested accommodation and depart 8.30am.
- Travel along the Seabird Coast to Miranda Shorebird Centre, home to many migratory birds.
- Continue on through Thames, down the coast road to Rapaura Watergardens, a wonderful combination of waterfalls, ponds & gardens.
- In historic Coromandel town ride aboard the narrow gauge train at Driving Creek Rail and hear about the reforestation programme in place here.
- Walk the easy track to see the majestic 309 Rd Kauri.
- Continue on to Whitianga & staying Aotearoa Lodge.
Depending on the time of low tide at Hot Water Beach, enjoy one of the following half day tours -
TOUR 1 - Eastern Beaches
- Travel through the farmlands of Coroglen, formerly known as Gumtown in the kauri gum & timer heyday & Whenuakite.
- At Hot Water Beach, paddle your feet or soak in the hot natural pools dug in the sands beside the ocean at low tide.
- See spectacular scenery of Cooks Beach with a walk to Cathedral Cove where the movie Narnia was filmed and see the pristine Te Whanganui A Hei Marine Reserve
- Shakespeare Cliff lookout with views of the greater Mercury Bay and the Coromandel Ranges.
TOUR 2 - Northern Beaches
- Northward through Kuaotunu to Otama Beach Reserve, Opito & the developing holiday resort settlement of Matarangi. Hear the fascinating history of the early gold mining era.
Depart Whitianga around lunchtime for return to Auckland via Tairua. Views of Pauanui from Mt. Paku, Arrive at your destination accommodation late afternoon.